Thursday, June 26, 2014

Reading a Good Book

Reading a Good Book

For years my favorite author has been Iris Johansen. The Eve Duncan series is amazing. I took the time to sit down and read a book that I purchased about a year ago. It is called Bonnie. It is a part of the Eve Duncan series. The character Eve Duncan is on the hunt for her daughters killer. Her daughter had been kidnapped years before and she was at the end of the journey to find out who really killed her little girl. She had gone through years of torment at the hands of serial killers who enjoyed toying with her saying they had killed Bonnie. Throughout the years Bonnie had come to her and talked. But she could never tell her who took her or where she was.
The way that I read, my mind creates the image. I picture the characters and my mind will create a movie that is constantly running as I am reading the book. For example if the characters are running through the woods chasing the killer, I see them running, I hear the branches and leaves crunching on the ground. I hear the voices as they are calling out for him to stop. I watch the movie in my mind. Once I begin reading I find that I do not want to stop reading the book. I would rather read a book than watch a movie most time. The books and the movies I make in my mind are always so much more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment